Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Good morning for Tuesday. Gray trees await their winter whites. I-81N, NY.

The colorful autumn leaves are gone.  Now we await winter to arrive.  Along this section of I-81 in New York it
shouldn't take too long.  Between Marathon, NY and Cortland, NY the snow will come.  Not an if, but a when.
Are y'all ready?

I've got my winter gear cleaned up and stowed. 
Remember the acronym COLD:
Keep it Clean.
Avoid Overheating
Wear Layers
Stay Dry

Among the things I'd love to see mandated in a CDL training program
is survival training.  I had my training many times as a youngster living
in Alaska while my Dad served in the Army up there for 5 years.  Also got
training while I served too.

But, no training against the weather has been ever given to this driver by any company.
Nor, have I heard about training given in CDL Schools.

We battle the elements to get the job done and many are injured or die because of the lack of
proper training.  If you want safe drivers then train them to live within the environment. 
What a bunch of greedy folks that would send a man or woman out against the elements untrained.

Stay warm.
later

Posted via email from heydriver's posterous

No comments: